- Check the following to see if your school’s programs match our grant funding areas.
All vocational fields may be considered, but applicants for funding who seek education, training or skill development in one of these fields will be preferred by TRVFA over applicants in other vocational fields.
Trades, Maintenance & Construction
- Professions related to building infrastructure – roads, bridges, utilities and other similar items – needed to advance Arizona’s economy and increase competitiveness for attracting high-wage employers.
- “Green collar” professions: environmentally sensitive design, construction and maintenance; environmental technologies such as solar system production/installation.
- Manufacturing, precision machining and welding.
Health and Wellness
- Nursing, medical assisting and other direct care provider professions for which there is a shortage of qualified workers in Arizona.
- Long-term care providers to address the needs of an aging population.
- Medical support personnel, including technicians and lab workers.
- Established professions relating to new technologies, including social media and internet industries, computer or network repair and maintenance, data management and analysis, and communications.
- Forensics and other new technology professions related to the public good.
- Review the income guidelines for Eligible Applicants to see if your student meets the criteria. Please note that these figures are only a guideline – TRVFA may fund students whose income exceeds the thresholds shown if they have a documented need. However, at least 50% of grantees in a given year must meet these income criteria.
- Review the Qualifying Training and Expenses page to see if your student’s needs match our allowable expenses.
- Have the student complete the TRVFA APPLICATION.
- Insure that the student has completed a FAFSA for the appropriate enrollment period and has a .pdf of the Student Aid Report to email to TRVFA Grant Processing when requested.
- Go to Find an Arizona Rotary Club to help the applicant locate a Rotary club in your area. Have the applicant contact them directly to request the Club’s sponsorship of his/her application to TRVFA. (The Rotary Club Locator App, on this website, works on smart phones, pads and computers.)
If a grant is approved, notification will be sent to both the student and the academic institution. Funds are sent via check directly to the school and must be used only for qualifying expenses. Any funds remaining at the completion of a student’s training may not be given to the student and must be returned to TRVFA.
Please contact TRVFA through the Contact Us link with additional questions.