- Physical Presence:
A person may be eligible for classification as a resident if that person can provide clear and convincing evidence of physical presence in the state of Arizona with intent to establish domicile as outlined in Item 2.
- Intent To Establish A Domicile:
Intent is measured by a variety of evidence, but the following may be used to provide clear and convincing evidence for establishing domicile:
- He/she can provide verification of employment in Arizona.
- He/she has an Arizona driver’s license.
- He/she has a State of Arizona identification card.
- He/she has an Arizona motor vehicle registration.
- He/she has filed Arizona state income taxes.
- He/she has filed a Federal tax forms as an Arizona resident.
- He/she has registered to vote in Arizona.
- He/she has a lease agreement or rental contract for their residence in Arizona.
- He/she has purchased a house/condo/manufactured home to use as their residence in Arizona.
- Financial Independence:
A person claiming classification as a resident must prove financial independence.
- He/she is self-supporting and is qualified as an independent student on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.