Trades, Maintenance & Construction
- Professions related to building infrastructure – roads, bridges, utilities and other similar items – needed to advance Arizona’s economy and increase competitiveness for attracting high-wage employers.
- “Green collar” professions: environmentally sensitive design, construction and maintenance; environmental technologies such as solar system production/installation.
- Manufacturing, precision machining and welding.
Health and Wellness
- Nursing, medical assisting and other direct care provider professions for which there is a shortage of qualified workers in Arizona.
- Long-term care providers to address the needs of an aging population.
- Medical support personnel, including technicians and lab workers.
- Established professions relating to new technologies, including social media and internet industries, computer or network repair and maintenance, data management and analysis, and communications.
- Forensics and other new technology professions related to the public good.